OCTOBER 19, 2012 - VERSION 0.99 RELEASED
#+#+#+#+__ WHAT IS NEW IN v0.99? __+#+#+#+#
- New building models: Pub, Tannery, Barn on Tannery Straight, Pit Straight Foot Bridge, food stall and toilets.
- New object models: starter's drum, start finish signs, small camera/spectator towers, culverts/drains, wire fence panels and gates, fuel/oil drums/barrels, aluminium/timber sponsor boards, small toolboxes, oil cans.
- Many more polygons in road (~rF2 specification @ ~1.5m squares = 6 panels wide X ~1.5m long). Bumps are geometry, no TDF bumps.
- Many more polygons in road-side terrain.
- Animated flags and bunting.
- New grass clump textures. More grass clumps.
- New and more car models (spectators, race entrants waiting in paddock, ambulance).
- Higher-res bush textures (most of them).
- New gravel textures.
- New water texture (thanks cgtextures.com
- Added/redone spec and/or normal mapping on a few things.
- Less 2D 'bush walls', more 3D/X-plane bushes.
probably other things too... such as:
- Return of the rainy and overcast versions.
- Flying Mile has been realigned and is more accurate than ever.
- Kink near the end of Tannery Straight now has a more accurate elevation profile.
- King's Bridge now has more even arch/hump.
- My first ever sky textures (dawn, day (lightly cloudy & overcast), sunset, night (blank)
- New photo horizon.
- Scratch-made wet road textures, inc. my first ever cube map
- 'Helicopter' camera set (Group 4).
- New white painted fences (start area, viaduct, bridges etc).
- Fewer shadows here and there, should improve performance a little.
- More detail on external road (opposite the pub).
- New tram model in the paddock (Used as race control in the '50s & subsequently as the police headquarters during race weekends - Originally Launceston's Tram #4)